LINKID_DataType = "LUTBezier" ? How to?

Rockin

LINKID_DataType = "LUTBezier" ? How to?

Post by Rockin » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:00 am

I want to write a fuse that has a LUTBezier input, something like this:
deleteme.jpg
How do I do it?

And, on the related note, where can I find a reference for this kind of stuff? I couldn't find any info for FuRegisterClass, LINKID_DataType or a tutorial giving an overview of how to write a fuse. All I have is sample fuses :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 3

Re: LINKID_DataType = "LUTBezier" ? How to?

Post by SecondMan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:51 am

I wondered the same thing a while ago but haven't found an answer yet, either:

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckle ... trol#p2025

Chad
Fusionator

Post by Chad » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:48 pm

I asked about this maybe 4 years ago and was told that it wasn't possible, not because the controls wouldn't work but because there were no published Lua methods for dealing with the spline itself. Same thing as gradients. Might have changed in the intervening years, but I never saw anything in the release notes. Dealing with LUTBezier with a plugin isn't all that difficult, so it would be nice to have that in Fuses. But we all want better coverage for Fuses in general anyway, so nothing unusual in that.

Dunn

Post by Dunn » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:46 am

+1 ..Would like to know toooo. Would be great to know how to read it out based on the timeline time, so we could then do something like custom Easing Functions for animation :roll:

Rockin

Post by Rockin » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:56 am

Thanks guys!
Yeah, better fuse coverage would be great. I can learn from examples, but not as quick as I would learn with a well documented fuse manual :)

I thought about creating a helper "useless" node such as a particle emitter. Then read the LUT from there. But I have no idea how to access it.