Welcome to WSL!

Make yourself at home, but before posting, please may I ask you to read the following topics.

Posting 101
Server space, screenshots, and you

Thank you!

PS. please pretty please:

Issues with Reactor's 3 Suck Less Audio

radiocabea

Issues with Reactor's 3 Suck Less Audio

Post by radiocabea » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:12 am

Hey, I'm new to resolve and Reactor and I want to animate an image to an audio file for a project im working on.
The audio file is PCM 16bit WAV and i've sucessfully animated it, but its not how I saw on other tutorials.

I know the music is different, but its not reacting to it vey well. Its just "shaking" and not reacting to the beat. I'll send a video example:

Even if I turn up the amplitude scale by alot it just "shakes" and doesn't react.

My project settings are 4:5 (1080x1350) 60fps codec H.264 format QuickTime (idk if it helps anything).

Let me know if you need any more information regarding my issue! But keep in mind im still pretty new to all of this :)

3dmus
Fusioneer

Re: Issues with Reactor's 3 Suck Less Audio

Post by 3dmus » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:01 am

I think you've got a timing issue. The audio for your Fusion clip starts really when the Fusion clip starts and is not linked to the audio on the edit page. So, when the music starts to "kick of" on the edit page, for the Fusion clip, the audio is still relatively quiet. At least...that's what I think is going on based on your recording.

radiocabea

Post by radiocabea » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:36 am

Ah i see. So I would need to cut the audio of the sample I'm feeding into the Fusion clip to match the one on the edit page? or is there a workaround to make it "live" and sync it with the edit page?

3dmus
Fusioneer

Post by 3dmus » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:54 am

Yes, I think that's the easiest way. There may be a better workaround though. but to be honest, I mostly work in Fusion standalone, so will leave it to others to chip in.

radiocabea

Post by radiocabea » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:16 am

Ok Update cuting the feeding sample works, my problem is solved. But i would like to know if there is a workaround so i can just edit kinda "live". because i need to keep cutting the audio files and perfectly match them each time

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 9

Post by AndrewHazelden » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:27 am

Hi @radiocabea.
radiocabea wrote:But i would like to know if there is a workaround so i can just edit kinda "live".
A possible long-term solution might be to reach out to the Blackmagic support team and let them know you want to see better audio support inside the Resolve Fusion page environment.

Fusion Standalone v9/16 can load in audio clips into the timeline and have it synced to the playback of your composite but the Resolve Fusion page cannot do that AFAIK.

radiocabea

Post by radiocabea » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:12 pm

yeah I figured. well while fideling with it I find it easier to just cut to my liking so i can just isolate the bass part of the song to have the image move only when the bass hits. It becomes less jumpy in this way!