Kick Ass Keyer v3.2 for Fusion 16 version 1.0 beta 1(yes, really)

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 5

Kick Ass Keyer v3.2 for Fusion 16 version 1.0 beta 1(yes, really)

Post by SecondMan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:20 pm

To mark the 5th anniversary of WSL (don't you love circular links?), I am happy to release the first version of KAK that *should* work in Fusion 16.

The latest Fusion builds came with a couple of bug fixes that finally allow KAK to work crash-free. Thank you Fusion devs! This custom KAK build also works around a still-standing bug that can cause some visual artifacts. It's a simple workaround that does not have a performance impact. So that's great :)

Note that you will need at least public beta 7 for this (Fusion and Resolve).

Kick Ass Keyer v3.2 for Fusion 16 version 1.0 beta 1(yes, really) importantly has a couple of significant UI adjustments that make it possible to actually use the tool in Fusion 16's new UI. It still sucks, sure, but less. So that's appropriate :)

Here are some screenshots of the different tabs.

The Image tab:

The Image tab:

The Image tab:

The Image tab:

The Image tab:

OK, it's still a bit sucky to use compared to Fu9, but as you can see, at least by moving those checkboxes to the right, you can almost read the parameter names again :mrgreen:

Kick Ass Keyer v3.2 for Fusion 16 version 1.0 beta 1(yes, really) also comes with a new UseGPU control (see the Image tab) that should help overcome any remaining issues with GPU rendering.

To install, download KAK_Fu16.setting from below and copy it in your Fusion Macros directory. If you already have KAK 3.2 installed on your system, you won't need anything else (you can use both side-by-side, and also copy settings from one to the other). If you don't have KAK installed already, you will also need to download KAKr.Fuse and Switch_v1_71.Fuse which need to be in your Fuses directory.

KAK_Fu16.setting
KAKr.Fuse
Switch_v1_71.Fuse

Note that this is still beta and certainly not (yet) a production-proven as KAK in previous versions of Fusion, so let me know if you find any further issues with this. For myself it's the first time I seem to be able to fully use it, including all the stuff the Image tab which is great. I'm pretty committed to make this work, so don't be shy if it doesn't work for you.

With special thanks to @Chad for testing and bug hunting!

Enjoy! (where's the fingers crossed smiley in this place?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tags:

Millolab

Re: Kick Ass Keyer v3.2 for Fusion 16 version 1.0 beta 1(yes, really)

Post by Millolab » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:47 am

is there no way to use custom icons up there?
Thanks for the cool work!!

JPDoc
Fusioneer

Post by JPDoc » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:02 am

Great stuff, Pieter! Been missing my KAK . . . will test as soon as I get a min.

theotheo
Fusionista

Post by theotheo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:30 am

Great work Pieter! Good to see kak back in F16.

Here's some useful feedback for you :

Do you think the items on Image should be moved to Image instead ? It might get confusing if Image are also visible on Image and not on Image

Feel free to ignore, its just my 2 Image

SirEdric
Fusionator
Answers: 2

Post by SirEdric » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:21 am

Au contraire!
Most of the stuff in
K6BHfbK.png
should go into
toilet.png
Added in 3 minutes 40 seconds:
(*not* talking about functionality here...just icons...:-))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 5

Post by SecondMan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:37 pm

Yeehaw! A whopping 3 downloads so far! Good to see that the Fusion 16 adoption is going swimmingly.

That's also a way to spend less clicks in Fusion 16, of course :mrgreen:

Thanks for the valuable feedback, friends! @theotheo made a very good point there and while I feel @SirEdric's suggestion might seem as it goes against that insight, once you take time to digest it properly it goes straight to the bottom.
Millolab wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:47 am
is there no way to use custom icons up there?
It's being investigated! I can assure you that as soon as I know of a way how, there will be another version of this.
JPDoc wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:02 am
Great stuff, Pieter! Been missing my KAK . . . will test as soon as I get a min.
Thanks Paul, would be great to get your input. If you are able to put it through some real-world examples I would also be interested to know if toggling the GPU has a big influence on performance or stability. On my own little dev setup there's barely a difference, but what I carry along with me is far from your current typical compositing workstation spec...

ShadowMaker SdR
Fusionista
Answers: 4

Post by ShadowMaker SdR » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:45 pm

SecondMan wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:37 pm
Yeehaw! A whopping 3 downloads so far! Good to see that the Fusion 16 adoption is going swimmingly.
In my case it's not the adoption rate, but the lack of need for keying in general. If it'll make you feel better I'll download it anyway. ;-)