HoS Saver Lister 1.0 public preview release

svenneve
Fusioneer

HoS Saver Lister 1.0 public preview release

Post by svenneve » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:46 am

Hey all,

here's another cleaned up script that might be useful to some.

It's a list of all your savers in your comp (duh), it allows you to:
Quickly and easily set pass through status of savers (click on the P list orbs to toggle)
Set start and end points of savers (type the values in the corresponding in and out entries, remove all text to 'reset' ranges)
Double click on the saver name to select/focus a saver in your comp

Have fun, and please report any bugs

http://www.svenneve.com/?p=912

Dunn

Re: HoS Saver Lister 1.0 public preview release

Post by Dunn » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:32 am

Oh Yeah, just used it in production. Verrry nice! Wish i had this sometime back. :D

tlittle

Post by tlittle » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:36 am

Incredible! Thank you so much for releasing this tool publicly, I have often written little code snippets to deal with batch changing savers when needed but you have created an extremely robust solution that puts all my hacks to shame. I can't wait to start using this in production!

Tilt
Global Moderator

Post by Tilt » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:51 pm

Thanks for this!

postwendend

Post by postwendend » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:36 am

perfect!

French_Fry
Fusionista

Post by French_Fry » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:19 am

Thanks for this tool Sven.
So I'm kinda wondering how this tool and Fusion work as far as submitting to render. I thought I had it working , but now I wonder.
I notice it adds: EnabledRegion = TimeRegion { { Start = 1, End = 200, }, }, to the saver node.
I use Royal render as render farm, and for some reason it only picks up the global render range: RenderRange = { 330, 390, }, that's in the header of the comp.

So is it possibly to have multiple savers, where each one has it's own ranger and they override the global render range?

Chad
Fusionator

Post by Chad » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:31 am

Not override, meaning if the global range is 0-100, the saver can't be 50-150. But each saver can have their own range, so if the global is 0-150, one saver can be 0-80 and another can be 81-150.

French_Fry
Fusionista

Post by French_Fry » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:51 am

Ok, that makes sense. Hmm...I guess it must be the Royal Render submitter that isn't parsing the comp right, and only feeding the global render range for the savers. Seems odd.
It would be great if when yo click on the saver nodes it would update your render range in the time ruler. so you can easily go back and forth between sections of the flow and savers. ( wishful thinking...I know I posted on the BMD Forums, but I feel there are definitely some enhancements that could be made to the saver nodes and rendering in general)

Chad
Fusionator

Post by Chad » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:00 am

You can do that with a script if you wanted, but if you do have different enabled ranges for different savers, which would you render with? If one saver is 10-40 and the other is 60-90, you need to render 10-90 if you want both to render.

tlittle

Post by tlittle » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:29 am

I have used a great script that allows you to set custom render ranges per saver by keyframing the 'Blend' parameter of each saver. This method should be readable by Royal Render. You can have a comp with 100 savers, all with unique render ranges. Then just set your comp render range to the length of the longest saver and you can render locally, using Thinkbox Deadline, or even Royal Render I would imagine. The script also disables "process tool when blend is 0" on each saver. You can achieve the same effect manually by setting keyframes on each saver's blend mode and disabling "process tool when blend is 0" in the common tab of each saver.

(See attached eyeonscript file)

I want to give credit to the author of the script but I cannot recall their name at the moment and they didn't put their name in the comment section of the script. Thank you very much whoever you are!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

French_Fry
Fusionista

Post by French_Fry » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:39 am

Yeah. The problem is that my render manager submits and sees 10-90 as the render range for bot savers. So for the 60-90 saver, since the first 50 frames aren't renderable, then the job never goes anywhere. The whole multi-saver setup may work for rendering from fusion directly, but it's not agreeing with me as far as managing the render through a third party.
My work around is manually setting the output ranges in submitter interface for Royal render.
EDIT: Thanks Tim, I'll definitely check that out!
EDIT2: the script works, but getting the same type of issue. I think I need to contact RR support. It stil uses the whole range as the range to render, but since the saver are not active during some parts it fails.

Chad
Fusionator

Post by Chad » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:53 pm

The blend is cool because it allows you to render multiple ranges, like 10-20, 40-50. The enabled range only lets you have one range. But there's no way a render manager would be able to figure out the blend slider, unless it evaluated it over the global range before submitting it.

French_Fry
Fusionista

Post by French_Fry » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Ok, so it turns out it was a Royal Render comp parsing thing. When you manually trim a saver node, it creates a line like this in the saver node:

Code: Select all

EnabledRegion = TimeRegion { { Start = 1, End = 200, FrameLength = 1, }, },
This defines the region to render if it's different from the global render range, and RR wasn't reading that info.
RR's tech support has updated it, and it works for now. :)

NNois

Post by NNois » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:50 am

Hi,
Thank you very much for this script but he doesn't shows up in fusion 8.
I've tried the scipt user folder and the script program folder.
I have the exact same problem for the Tim Little update Loader script (http://www.littlevfx.com/tools/)

Isn't script forward compatible ???

Adelson

Post by Adelson » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:56 am

I guess you have to rename the script extension from .eyeonscript to .lua in order to make Fusion 8 recognize it.