Macro Passthrough

bryanfordney
Fusioneer

Macro Passthrough

Post by bryanfordney » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:23 pm

I'm having trouble making my Macros behave properly when they are set to passthrough. All of them simply break the flow, causing errors, rather than passing through. Is there a secret to this? I've tried to dig apart some Macros on Reactor but have yet to find the secret sauce here.

Another, possible related question - in my macros i often have to create a Background. That Background's size needs to match the Input size. I do this via expressions. I notice that when I set my Macro to PassThrough, the expressions break first; perhaps this is what is breaking the flow.

I am first piping the input into a PipeRouter called InputPipe

Later down the line I have a Background node whose Width/Height properties use these expressions:

InputPipe.Output.OriginalWidth
InputPipe.Output.OriginalHeight

Any advice here is much appreciated. Thanks!

Midgardsormr
Fusionator
Answers: 6

Re: Macro Passthrough

Post by Midgardsormr » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:18 pm

Probably the issue is how your output is structured. I usually use a Merge as my output node. The main macro input goes to the Background, and the results of the macro's processing goes to the Foreground. This way, if the Foreground is invalid, it will still fall back to the Background and send the in to the out. This also provides simple EffectMask and Blend inputs.

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 7

Re: Macro Passthrough

Post by SecondMan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:27 pm

Feel free to share a work in progress or something else that shows where you are stuck. Easier to point at where the issue lies and how to correct it.