Welcome to WSL!

Make yourself at home, but before posting, please may I ask you to read the following topics.

Posting 101
Server space, screenshots, and you

Thank you!

PS. please pretty please:

Fuse to show basic text info

Mclawest
Fusioneer

Fuse to show basic text info

Post by Mclawest » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:45 am

Hey to all!

Tried to find any up to date tutorial/info about how to create a Fuse (not cl/gl etc.) just for some simple and basic things like showing text data overlayed on top of image (like comp name, date, frame and so on) but no luck..
I also saw examples on "vfxpedia" but didn't found an examples on how to read data from input images.. And I think that there is a bit poor documentation about fuse building as well...
I know I can do it easily using macros, but I want to make it as fuse because it will be (I think so) updated in all comp as fuse will be updated.. Maybe someone can give some examples on it?
Thanks!

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 27

Re: Fuse to show basic text info

Post by SecondMan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:32 am

I would make a Text Modifier Fuse in this case. So you can use it in any Text+ or even Text3D which keeps the layout completely open to the user and you still get the benefit of the Fuse updating when you change the code.

Plenty of Text Modifier examples out there, here's an excellent topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3201

Mclawest
Fusioneer

Re: Fuse to show basic text info

Post by Mclawest » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:34 am

Thanks! I meant that maybe this kind of task could be more informative on how to start to build fuses from scratch.. i guess.. But thanks for the link, I will explore it!