- A completely overhauled interface. All parameters are now sorted in convenient tabs to make KAK even easier to use.
- Completely new core, based on the KAKr (KAK Core) fuse, adding many new features without sacrificing speed. Even faster in Fusion 7.
- More than 20 output options to give you maximum control and clarity during every step of your keying process.
- New Luminance Compensation in the Keyer.
- New advanced Despill functionality.
- New Noise Reduction functionality.
- Much improved Luma Matte Fill.
- Convenient new workflow for inside/outside mattes.
- External Mattes will scale automatically to the working resolution.
- Additional Quality Control output modes to help you make sure you get everything out of your footage what there is to get.
- Ability to key Red (yes, red) in addition to Green and Blue.
- Auto Screen Type - no need to select your Screen Type anymore (unless you want to!)
- Int8 and Int16 input formats are automatically converted to float32
- Much better Screen Select prediction. Only one parameter left for fine tuning.
- Replacement of unintuitive parameters with more user friendly and useful options.
- Consistent and clear parameter naming.
- KAK can now use a static clean plate derived from your frame of choice.
- Makes use of additional erode/dilate modes when running inside Fusion 7.
- More Matte Controls.
- Improved Background wrapping.
- Ability to wrap background onto spill areas.
- Bug fixes, and lots more tweaks under the hood.
Documentation will soon follow. In the meantime feel free to contact me with any issues, questions or requests you may have.
Special thanks to Eyeon for amazing tech support and some really awesome work on Fusion 7, and to Stefan Ihringer for his Switch fuse as well as for sharing fuses built with great clarity, without which KAKr would not have happened.
KAK is free to use. Donations are not required, but if you find KAK useful, please consider supporting We Suck Less.
Become a Patron!