[Fuse] Suck Less Audio File Modifier

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: [Fuse] Suck Less Audio File Modifier

Post by SecondMan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:22 pm

I still haven't been able to figure out how to load the sample only once, but in the meantime I'll release a new version anyway which fixes a big bug. :)

Changes in v1.1:
  • Fixed: SLA was only reading the left or right channel of an audio file when using proxy > 1.
  • Supports selecting left/right/both channels for sampling stereo files. Yeehaw!
Enjoy!
:)

Tags:

PeterLoveday
Fusioneer
Answers: 6

Post by PeterLoveday » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:36 pm

SecondMan wrote:
ploveday wrote:NotifyChanged is your friend.
Right now it's more of a vague acquaintance.

I've tried but so far no luck. How can I pass variables from the NotifyChange "area" into the Process "area"?
Sigh, you are correct. There are cases that will be updated, but not useful in this case. I'll have a look at that.

In the meantime, I would recommend just seeing if the wav filename has changed from last process. Things setup in process *should* hang around for the next, just don't make it a local.

Maybe also add a 'Reload' button in case the user changes their wav file on-the-fly ?

- Peter

Chad
Fusionator

Post by Chad » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:35 pm

For the time being you could add a button that bakes down the modifier to a Bezier spline with a user defined sample rate.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:52 pm

ploveday wrote:
SecondMan wrote:
ploveday wrote:NotifyChanged is your friend.
Right now it's more of a vague acquaintance.

I've tried but so far no luck. How can I pass variables from the NotifyChange "area" into the Process "area"?
Sigh, you are correct. There are cases that will be updated, but not useful in this case. I'll have a look at that.
No worries. I've learned a lot about how data flows through the different functions by trying to figure that out. And thanks - I think it could be very powerful if variables could be passed through to process based on how a user interacts with the tool...
In the meantime, I would recommend just seeing if the wav filename has changed from last process. Things setup in process *should* hang around for the next, just don't make it a local.
About that - there seems to be some caution against using global variables: https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckle ... &t=95#p761

Would you care to give your views on that?
Maybe also add a 'Reload' button in case the user changes their wav file on-the-fly ?

- Peter
Ah - splendid idea :) - will certainly do that, thanks!

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Chad wrote:For the time being you could add a button that bakes down the modifier to a Bezier spline with a user defined sample rate.
What would be really nice is if that could be done with a reversible process. So you could un-bake it again. I wonder if somehow that can be done by baking to a hidden parameter and reading the output from there whenever the baked button is selected. Hm.

Lots of figuring out to do - hard with the limited docs that are out there. But I hear things are a-coming... ;)

Chad
Fusionator

Post by Chad » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:49 am

The WAV itself could be CustomData. Then you could resample it if needed for a rebake. Would also allow you to lose connection with the file. Takes more memory, but so I'm not sure what the tradeoff would be.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:12 pm

Finally got around to doing this - v1.2 is released.

Changelog:

- This version will only load your sample from disk once (and when selecting a different one), no longer every single frame.
- Added Reload Sample button.

nsf
Fusioneer

Post by nsf » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:29 am

When I see things like this It always saddens me that there's no visual representation of sound layer (timeline), nor equalizer graph

(similar to trapcode soundkeys
Image).
I know krokodove had something, but I never properly understood how it works :)

This fuse is realy cool!
Still I would love to manually tweak the settings (animate only bass, treble...etc.)

I hope that BM will come one day with sollution to this, it would turn Fu to even bigger Mograph powerhorse than it is now.
(also its like nobody touched the sound part of the fusion at least since 2005 :D always cracking and weird noises no matter the machine.)

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:11 am

That's where the math goes a little further than just reading an audio file. Frequencies aren't stored in WAV files, only signal pressure. Frequencies are then calculated from those.

Krokodove can output visuals according to frequency, but doesn't output based on frequency values. But you can combine Audio with Probe to do just that.

Chad
Fusionator

Post by Chad » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Fusion supports Audio as a datatype, just as it does Image, Number, Text, Point, Gradient, Mesh, etc. You can make tools that pass audio between them. So a tool could load audio from disk, pass it to a tool that does a band pass filter, then pass it to a tool that takes the audio and converts it to an image.

That's the theory, I haven't checked to see if you can do that in a Fuse yet, nor have I tried making a plugin to do it. But it's at least in the headers.

Helper

Post by Helper » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Erm... So, I have downloaded all versions of fuses and placed them in the fuses directory, in multiple different files in the fuses directory, but it still isn't working. Is there anyone who can help? I am a complete newbie here.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:33 pm

Sure! We'll need a bit more info than that though. What does "it doesn't work" mean? Are they not showing up? Are they showing up but not functioning? What is the directory you've put them in? Does it match the ones in the path maps settings?

Helper

Post by Helper » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:27 am

SecondMan wrote:Sure! We'll need a bit more info than that though. What does "it doesn't work" mean? Are they not showing up? Are they showing up but not functioning? What is the directory you've put them in? Does it match the ones in the path maps settings?
Yeah, they didn't show up in the modifier section. I placed them in the "fuse" file...

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:07 am

What is the "fuse" file you speak of? Can you be more specific? Just describe the steps you've taken.

Helper

Post by Helper » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:32 pm

https://scontent-kut2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5936B055

Umm... Is this good? This is the 'Fuse' file inside the Fusion 8 file. I have also tried placing inside files within the 'Fuses' file, namely 'Blackmagic', 'OpenCL', 'ViewShaders', and none worked... If I am using Windows 8, which modifier should I use?