Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

WebGL to DCTL: Reaction Diffusion

Show us your bits!

Moderator: Dunn

JiiPii
Fusioneer
Answers: 1

WebGL to DCTL: Reaction Diffusion

Post by JiiPii »

Hi,

The entry into the world of reaction diffusion was done some time ago with the Shadertoy "Spilled". There were some cliffs to overcome, but now the wonderful world of these shaders opens up. And there are really really weird shaders of this kind on Shadertoy. I once put my favorite diffusion shaders in a youtube video.

(The language of the video is German, but I edited the subtitles and now they are easy to understand ;-)

There is a "gateway drug", a simple but very nice shader to learn.
LearningReactionDiffusion.fuse
and suitable for this shader there is a short concise info page about the theory:
https://www.karlsims.com/rd.html

Have fun watching and playing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tida
Fusionista
Answers: 1

Re: WebGL to DCTL: Reaction Diffusion

Post by tida »

@JiiPii you did choose a great subject. Most of these shaders look so natural in case you try to aim phenomenons from the sub-macroscopic world like bacterial or funghi growth, crystallization, turbulent flow behavior, molecular motion etc.
It's also interesting to see, that results can be totally different when changing slightly the way of initiation. But if you keep the way of initiation constant you always end up with a reproducible result in fusion (due to the way of calculations of randomized numbers) which is important for video projects.