Reactor Release Announcement

Moderator: SecondMan

SecondMan
Site Admin

Reactor Release Announcement

Post by SecondMan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:24 pm

We Suck Less proudly presents Reactor for Fusion.

reactor-logo.png
Reactor Logo
reactor-logo.png (28.91 KiB) Viewed 11165 times

Welcome to 220118.

Download the Reactor Installer

Quick Install

Download the Reactor-Installer.lua script above and simply drag it from your desktop into the Fusion Console tab to run it. Alternatively, you can also copy/paste the script into the Console text entry area.

What is Reactor?

Created by the We Suck Less Fusion community, i.e. the people right here, Reactor is a free and open source package manager for Fusion (Free) and Fusion Studio. Reactor streamlines the installation, distribution and management of 3rd party content for Fusion through the use of "Atom" packages that are synced with an online Git repository.

Why use Reactor?

With Reactor, third party Fusion content such as Scripts and Plugins can be installed with a click of a button, rather than having to manually download, copy and edit individual files.

Why did WSL create Reactor?

Recent times have been very exciting for Fusion users. Fusion has been going from strength to strength - as well as from platform to platform - with every recent release. WSL as a community recognizes this and wishes to provide and maintain an open platform to help converge the many artists and efforts that make Fusion even better. The development and public release of Reactor expresses our commitment to that goal.

We've been working very hard to not only get you this terrific tool, but also to gather the content that comes with it.

What will I get?

Reactor's initial release comes with such gems as the Fusion Cryptomatte implementation by Cedric Duriau and Kristof Indeherberge, the Krokodove plugins from Komkom Doorn, and the actual Fusion 3D water setup as it was used on Roland Emmerich's Anonymous, courtesy of Uncharted Territory.

Tool collections by Muse VFX to create so called "glitch" and other effects and old time WSL favourites such as KAK, Time Machine and Tracker functionality extensions. Andrew Hazelden has been recreating legendary Fusion Easter Eggs with fun and educational scripts to complete this first release. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

How do I use Reactor?

Installing Reactor will add a top level menu conveniently named "Reactor", from which Reactor can be launched.

This will then look something like this:

ReactorInsideFusion2.PNG
Reactor running inside Fusion

The UI is pretty self explanatory. That's right; all of the tools, tips and tricks that you've had to search the internet, wade through hundreds of forum posts, dig through endless Wiki pages, or email your long lost friends for, are now available under one roof. One mouse click away. As I am typing this, more content is being added and now that the tools are out in the open, this will continue on a regular basis.

New Fusion install on a brand new machine? Just install Reactor and quickly install all the additional tools you need, in seconds. It's so brilliantly convenient I almost can't think of doing it any other way anymore.

It doesn't quite stop there - our Fusion Scripting guru extraordinaire Andrew Hazelden also came up with Atomizer, an Atom Package Editor that greatly simplifies the process of preparing tools for inclusion with Reactor; the so called Atoms.

AtomizerPackageEditor.PNG
Atomizer
AtomizerPackageEditor.PNG (14.62 KiB) Viewed 11395 times

With the release of Reactor we also introduce two new forums on WSL: Reactor, where you can find all documentation and discussions about the day-to-day Reactor usage, as well as - no doubt - future feature requests and announcements, and Reactor Submissions for everything to do with creating and submitting content for Reactor.

What do I need to run Reactor?

You need Fusion (Free) or Fusion Studio version 9.0.2 or later running on Mac, Windows or Linux to enjoy the full functionality of Reactor and its content.

Notes and Links

Enough to whet your appetites? Then please go ahead and check out the detailed installation instructions, read up on Atom packages and Atomizer and enjoy the ever growing - and now beautifully organised - library of community content!

Read the full Press Release here.
Attachments
Reactor-Installer.lua
The Reactor Installer - start here!
(42.44 KiB) Downloaded 1700 times

SirEdric
Fusionator

Re: Reactor Release Announcement

Post by SirEdric » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:03 am

Thanks Sander for Charlie the Spokesmonkey!
Awesome as always!!!!....:-)

Cheers.

Eric.

SteveRoberts

Post by SteveRoberts » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:39 am

Nice!
Really Nice!

Cheers
Steve

bfloch
Fusioneer

Post by bfloch » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:15 pm

Bravo! And about f. time :-)

andromeda_girl
Fusionista

Post by andromeda_girl » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:21 pm

woah wait- fusion easter eggs?
O_o

can the video game be back?

Whelkn
Fusioneer

Post by Whelkn » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Words can't express how this made me smile today. Thanks to all involved :-)

Ed Farnsworth

Post by Ed Farnsworth » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:28 pm

I have to admit the majority of what goes on at WSL is over my head, but man did this thing install like butter. Thank you SecondMan and everyone else involved. I don't know if I'll ever be able to take advantage of half the genius and generosity that's displayed on this site, but the possibilities are Breathtaking. My humble thanks.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Ed Farnsworth wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:28 pm
I don't know if I'll ever be able to take advantage of half the genius and generosity that's displayed on this site

We're here to help you with that :)

Thanks for your kind words, Ed and everyone - it means a lot to us!

TogTobias
Fusioneer

Post by TogTobias » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:00 am

Nice! Just another reason why I love Fusion Studio!

ShadowMaker SdR
Fusionista

Post by ShadowMaker SdR » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:08 pm

TogTobias wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:00 am
Nice! Just another reason why I love Fusion Studio!
The great thing is that since Reactor is basically a (very fancy and advanced) script it also works in Fusion Free. Of course you can't install all the plugins, but scripts/comps/fuses/macros will all work as far as I know.

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:42 am

This is fantastic. Thank you so much to everyone involved!

theotheo
Fusionista

Post by theotheo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 am

A Fu landmark for sure! Thanks everyone for contributing ! Especially Andrew and Pieter!

Rockin

Post by Rockin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:10 pm

This looks awesome!!

Greg Bovine
Double M

Post by Greg Bovine » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:28 am

Amazing.

ringkun

Post by ringkun » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:17 pm

I'm posting this here too. Can someone explain why I can't install this?