Getting Started With the Fusion Page

Chad
Fusionator

Re: Getting Started With the Fusion Page

Post by Chad » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:34 am

You shouldn't need to "define" handles, they're either there or they aren't, right? I'm talking for input, not output.

There are some questions about we handle animation timing and what that time base is. If you do some rotoscoping then decide you want to do a cross dissolve instread of a cut or you want to change in the in point or slip the clip in the edit, you expect those keyframes to "stick" with the frames, right? Or do we base it on the "first" frame and you have an offset control (like TSp?) to slip/trim the clip? There's several ways to slip footage in Fusion right now, I don't know what's best method.

Midgardsormr
Fusionator
Answers: 3

Post by Midgardsormr » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:37 am

I've been creating clips with handles by putting the input media on a new track, then trimming it outward by a few frames.

pingking, I see a Global In/Out range control on my MediaIn nodes. There are also TrimIn and TrimOut inputs in the input list, but they're not in the control panel for some reason. I've successfully scripted setting the GlobalIn, but I haven't tried changing the Trims yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pingking
Fusionista

Post by pingking » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:49 pm

how do i remove a fusion comp from a clip? i played around but now i want to go back to the unaltered clip.
even if i delete all nodes from the fusion comp it processes the clip through the fusion page

pingking
Fusionista

Post by pingking » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Midgardsormr wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:37 am
pingking, I see a Global In/Out range control on my MediaIn nodes. There are also TrimIn and TrimOut inputs in the input list, but they're not in the control panel for some reason. I've successfully scripted setting the GlobalIn, but I haven't tried changing the Trims yet.
you're right, there are global in/out controls on the media, but the are linked. you cant change them induvial. its more like slipping the media in the timeline

Adelson

Post by Adelson » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:02 am

pingking wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:49 pm
how do i remove a fusion comp from a clip? i played around but now i want to go back to the unaltered clip.
even if i delete all nodes from the fusion comp it processes the clip through the fusion page

Activate the "Clips" tab in the upper left corner, then go to bottom list of clips, right click the current clip and choose "Reset Current Composition"

Clipboard01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jctarvin

Reaktor in Resolve Fusion Page

Post by jctarvin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Sorry if i missed this elsewhere. Can I install Reaktor in the Fusion page's console?

Thanks, John

Greg Bovine
Double M

Re: Reaktor in Resolve Fusion Page

Post by Greg Bovine » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:57 pm

jctarvin wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:45 pm
Sorry if i missed this elsewhere. Can I install Reaktor in the Fusion page's console?

Not yet. The Reactor for Resolve installer will be available soon.

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 4

Re: Reactor in Resolve Fusion Page

Post by AndrewHazelden » Wed May 23, 2018 11:12 pm

jctarvin wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Thanks, John

Hi @jctarvin.

I wanted to let you know that Reactor v2.0 is out now and you can use it with Resolve Studio 15's Fusion page.

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 4

Resolve Studio 15 Fusion Page - View Layouts

Post by AndrewHazelden » Wed May 23, 2018 11:13 pm

This video takes a quick look at Resolve 15's Fusion page and explores ways to optimize the view layout so you can see more nodes in the Fusion page Nodes view when working on a large sprawling composite.

Ed Farnsworth

Post by Ed Farnsworth » Fri May 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Chad wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:57 am
Ed Farnsworth wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 am
And Fusion Studio included in Resolve with the $299 license. I'm sure this is good, but man how things change.
Do we have confirmation that's true after the beta? I thought it was just a means of getting Fusion Studio users to test Resolve 15.
Sorry that was incorrect Chad, turns out The Resolve Studio version runs with the $299 Fusion dongle.