"Pick" for frame format settings

Moderator: Chad

Chad
Fusionator

"Pick" for frame format settings

Post by Chad » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:57 am

It would be nice if instead of relying on the comp default frame format or manually copying values, we could instead use a "Pick" button that pulled the various image parameters from the selected viewer's input.

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Re: "Pick" for frame format settings

Post by SecondMan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:26 pm

Oh, I like this idea! That would be a big timesaver.

Even nicer if we could alternatively pick from a node in the Flow View... provided the data is available and doesn't require additional processing.

intelligent machine
Fusionista
Answers: 2

Re: "Pick" for frame format settings

Post by intelligent machine » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:26 pm

This would be nice.

Right now I have Tools like the Background with expressions in settings slot 6 that reference Loader1. As long as I make sure Loader1 references the correct source and is always in the comp (even if not connected to anything) all is good...just have to switch to the s6 tab when I insert the tool.

I'm trying to create a fuse right now that does nothing more than pull all the metadata and image info from an ImageControl field and then list certain attributes in specific text fields within the tool and dump everything else in a final text field...I wanted this to be pinned for reference and easy copy and paste but it would also be possible to reference the values in expressions.