Reactor request (re: wireless connections for everybody).

Moderator: SecondMan

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 4

Reactor request (re: wireless connections for everybody).

Post by SecondMan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Following from:
SecondMan wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:30 pm
intelligent machine wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:20 am
Another useful feature to add to all the Wireless nodes are buttons next to the link field to "jump to" and edit source.
The ones available in Reactor have that already.

intelligent machine
Fusionista
Answers: 2

Re: wireless connections for everybody.

Post by intelligent machine » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:52 pm

So they do. I had those and some other fuses installed way before installing Reactor so in Reactor it shows them as already installed and up to date. I need to do a little housekeeping.

I guess this could be another feature request for reactor: differentiate between what is installed inside and outside of deploy and ask the user if they'd like to make the switch. ?

SirEdric
Fusionator

Re: wireless connections for everybody.

Post by SirEdric » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:06 pm

Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:52 pm
I guess this could be another feature request for reactor: differentiate between what is installed inside and outside of deploy and ask the user if they'd like to make the switch. ?
Oh! Yes please!....:-)

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 4

Re: Reactor request (re: wireless connections for everybody).

Post by SecondMan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:53 pm

Hope you don't mind me splitting this into a new topic, I felt it deserved its own.
I had those and some other fuses installed way before installing Reactor so in Reactor it shows them as already installed and up to date.
:?:

Unless I am horrendously mistaken or behind on its development, Reactor is not aware at all of what is installed outside of its own scope. Just to be on the safe side of that statement I did a quick test and there's no way I can reproduce this.

Furthermore, most of the Fuses that were deployed with Reactor were slightly adjusted so they would not cause conflicts with earlier existing (hence potentially installed) versions of them. Unless there were forks in existence that already had similar adjustments made, but even then they would not cause Reactor to mark those as installed and up to date since they would not match the Atom...?

Could you maybe upload the fuses in question and/or a way to reproduce this? I'd love to take a look...
differentiate between what is installed inside and outside of deploy and ask the user if they'd like to make the switch. ?
SirEdric wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:06 pm
Could I make a counter-request?

Rather than trying to tackle the above (which would be a huge task and at best wonky, just take a moment to ponder all the possible cases you'd have to cater for) I would LOVE to see more people (everyone!) take a moment to look at the useful tools that they have installed on their systems and, if they are not yet in Reactor, submit them.

Reactor is meant to be a community effort, that is the core principle of it. If everyone would spend a little time, every now and then, to post something they find useful or even essential in the Reactor Submissions Forum, eventually - and I'd say very rapidly - Reactor would quite naturally become the repository to manage all your tools.

If tools are a little hacky, or sloppy, or whatever else makes you hesitant to unleash them to the masses, post them on the forum and we as a community can polish them, and learn from that while we are at it. In the meantime we get used to making atoms, describing and documenting, completing actual Reactor submissions to the repository, and Reactor becomes second nature for all but the n00best of users.

Heck, all your already useful tools stand a good chance to become even better!

Talk about win-win, it's everywhere :)

intelligent machine
Fusionista

Post by intelligent machine » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:40 pm

Well... I already cleaned things up but think I found the cause.
The atom files were present even though the fuses were either deleted or moved so Reactor assumed they were still installed. Deleting the atom files seems to be the fix in my case.

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:00 am

SirEdric wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:06 pm
SecondMan wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:53 pm
Rather than trying to tackle the above (which would be a huge task and at best wonky, just take a moment to ponder all the possible cases you'd have to cater for) I would LOVE to see more people (everyone!) take a moment to look at the useful tools that they have installed on their systems and, if they are not yet in Reactor, submit them.

I wanted to make a quick note that Reactor provides a built-in Fuse Scanner, Macro Scanner, and Plugin Scanner set of entries in the Reactor > Tools > menu that allow you to see the relative PathMap or Absolute based filepath of the installed items.

Reactor Tools Menu - Scanner Scripts.png

The [x]Show Duplicates checkbox at the top of the window in those tools allows you to filter the list to show items that have the same name or fuse IDs but are installed to different folders. This makes it fast to find duplicates. You can sort the view by the heading row of your choice. A quick double-click on the ui:Tree view row takes you into the installed folder location where you can manually de-duplicate the files after you check that you haven't made any changes or overrides you will miss.

Also, Fusion Plugins are write locked when Fusion is running on Windows so it would be impossible for a Fusion based script like Reactor to remove them automatically while Fusion is loaded.

Fuse Scanner

Fuse Scanner.png

Macro Scanner

Macro Scanner.png

Plugin Scanner

Plugin Scanner.png