[Submission] [Fuse] Wireless Link Anything  [SUBMITTED]

Moderator: SecondMan

intelligent machine
Fusionista
Answers: 2

Re: [Submission] [Fuse] Wireless Link Anything

Post by intelligent machine » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:07 am

Alrighty...decided to tackle the remaining todo items from v1.4 -- some of it was easier than expected.

Changes in this version (v1.5):
- Added button to rename the WirelessAnything tool to match the input source name including a prefix (e.g. 'w3D_'),
- Changed the reset functionality to be more intuitive and include a cancel button
- Added Checkbox to show/hide input connection wires! @andromeda_girl Thanks for the idea.
- minor bug fixes and code restructure

Todo:
- Add a Merge3D Option with ability to dynamically add new connections when in Merge3D Mode (There may have to be a predefined limit and clicking a plus button just unhides an existing field and new plus button.)
- Add option to enable wired mask input for image and mask datatypes
com.SamTreadway.WirelessAnything.zip
(7.47 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

andromeda_girl
Fusionista

Post by andromeda_girl » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:21 am

wow cool stuff!
can't wait to try this.
:D

andromeda_girl
Fusionista

Post by andromeda_girl » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:47 am

this may seem like a dumb question but why is it that fuses don't appear in my fuse menu when I add them?
i'd use reactor but it has stopped functioning for me, and the entire functionality of shift+spacebar to find a tool quickly only locks up the computer now.
[I think a windows update killed that, since it seems it isn't a problem for others]

I have been unable to access any of the fuses I have installed, either from reactor or manually.

intelligent machine
Fusionista

Post by intelligent machine » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:39 am

Small bug fix in this version. I forgot to change INP_InitialNotify in the InMode back to true so the settings would not persist when opening a saved comp. :shock:

com.SamTreadway.WirelessAnything.zip
(7.32 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

@andromeda_girl The fuses will reside in whichever category they are registered with.
This fuse "WirelessAnything" is registered to fall under the 'Flow' submenu.

If you still can't find any of the fuses within the "add tool" submenus then you may need to check your path maps.

As for the Windows issues...
/rant/ ...sorry I can't help you there. I dumped Windows over 10 years ago and have never looked back but I do have Windows 10 installed in a virtual machine...what a piece of garbage it is :cry: Why shift+spacebar would lock up your system is a bizarre. The only thing I can suggest is to try a clean install of Windows on a separate hard drive and just install Fusion and test. This will at least narrow down to whether or not the issue is related to the OS or something else entirely.

andromeda_girl
Fusionista

Post by andromeda_girl » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:06 am

I keep skirting around switching to linux and never do because then a lot of my other programs won't run.
sigh.
thanks for the help.
is it possible the wireless anything can have a zillion inputs like a 3D merge can?
or is that an impossibility?
seems to be a lovely little tool, but I am just hoping to eliminate this sort of eyesore:

it may not seem terribly headache-inducing in that screengrab but trust me, in other places of the flow it's a rat's nest.

intelligent machine
Fusionista

Post by intelligent machine » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:23 am

andromeda_girl wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:06 am
is it possible the wireless anything can have a zillion inputs like a 3D merge can?
or is that an impossibility?
It's on the todo list (link to a post above)
viewtopic.php?t=2877&p=22471#p22460

I think adding multiple inputs while in a 'Merge3D' mode will be possible but haven't yet explored the best way to handle dynamically creating the new inputs. a WIP will be coming. I can ping you if you're interested in testing it for bugs.

andromeda_girl wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:06 am
I keep skirting around switching to linux and never do because then a lot of my other programs won't run.
sigh.
As for linux and programs - I've found decent equivalencies to almost everything I was attached to under Windows and for everything else there is a chance that the app may run okay under Linux using Wine or a Virtual Machine but you may have to get your hands a little muddy:

Here's a database of apps that have been tested under Wine:

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... nding=true

Here's a few resources to find linux apps and their windows equivalencies:
https://alternativeto.net/platform/linux/
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Lin ... s_software

Midgardsormr
Fusionator
Answers: 1

Post by Midgardsormr » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:50 am

intelligent machine wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:23 am
haven't yet explored the best way to handle dynamically creating the new inputs.

In case I didn't already mention it, and in case it hadn't already occurred to you, both SwitchFuse and MT_MultiMerge do that.

intelligent machine
Fusionista

Post by intelligent machine » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:33 am

Midgardsormr wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:50 am
In case I didn't already mention it, and in case it hadn't already occurred to you, both SwitchFuse and MT_MultiMerge do that.
Thanks for the tip. I've fiddled with trying to get a wireless implementation of Merge3D working but the problem I'm having is getting the multiple inputs to merge into a single output which doesn't work the same as with 2d image inputs/outputs. I've tried converting the cdata and creating a table from the inputs and doing some other hacks but....not happening yet :(

@andromeda_girl from: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2849#p22198
In the mean time I've worked up a simple macro (really just a tool setting with custom user Controls that override the inputs)
It can't seem to be updated via notifychanged so the only way I know if to toggle the connections visible/invisible is right-click > Replace tool > 3D > Merge3D to show wires...
...and you can convert a Merge3D to Wireless by placing this in your Macros directory and replacing the Merge3D tool with this setting.
WirelessMerge3D.setting
(5.51 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Caveat: Don't use the built-in transforms and then replace the tool as those transforms will be reset! Transform downstream.

Midgardsormr
Fusionator
Answers: 1

Post by Midgardsormr » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:55 am

Yeah, there is little 3D support in the Fuse API. I'm not sure if the necessary functions are in there or not, but if they are nobody's documented them, to my knowledge.

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 3

Post by SecondMan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:00 pm

Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:39 am
Small bug fix in this version. I forgot to change INP_InitialNotify in the InMode back to true so the settings would not persist when opening a saved comp. :shock:
Totally missed this. If you don't mind, would you please start a new topic in the Submission forum for updates to tools? It really helps me to keep track of things.

intelligent machine
Fusionista

Re: [Submission] [Fuse] Wireless Link Anything  [SUBMITTED]

Post by intelligent machine » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:15 pm

Midgardsormr wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:55 am
Yeah, there is little 3D support in the Fuse API. I'm not sure if the necessary functions are in there or not, but if they are nobody's documented them, to my knowledge.
I installed a disassembler tool to see if I could read any clues in the binaries including 3d.plugin...got very hopeful a few times and learned some things from what it could manage to decipher but nothing useful for this.
What I'm gathering is that the Merge3D works in a way similar to if you were to string a sequence of 3d nodes along from scene output to scene input but from a point after each of their individual transforms. If it were a list I think the structure would be something like: {1st, {2nd, {3rd, {4th, }, }, }, } but no clue what function to call.

Added in 3 minutes 46 seconds:
SecondMan wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:00 pm
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:39 am
Totally missed this. If you don't mind, would you please start a new topic in the Submission forum for updates to tools? It really helps me to keep track of things.
DONE

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 3

Post by SecondMan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:04 pm

Thanks! For some reason I thought I had already submitted a version before, but I never committed the submission... ;)

Hereby corrected!

intelligent machine
Fusionista

Post by intelligent machine » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:09 pm

I've got quite a few more in the works but I'll probably post all of them in one session next time. Now that I've got the kinks out learning how all this works it should be at least a tiny bit smoother...sorta.

danell

Post by danell » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:20 am

Bugreport: When I have a video that I make wireless with this fuse but if I then add Mocha to the wireless node and open Mochas UI Mocha craches and fusion craches with it. I get an error popup from mocha but the UI doesn't draw anything so it's only all white.
If I instad use the included wireless node (Wire) it works flawlessly. When comparing the code the endresult should be exactly the same so I don't know exactly what's going on, I only know that WirelessAnything makes Mocha crach while Wireless doesn't.

intelligent machine
Fusionista

Post by intelligent machine » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:30 am

danell wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:20 am
Bugreport: When I have a video that I make wireless with this fuse but if I then add Mocha to the wireless node and open Mochas UI Mocha craches and fusion craches with it. I get an error popup from mocha but the UI doesn't draw anything so it's only all white.
If I instad use the included wireless node (Wire) it works flawlessly. When comparing the code the endresult should be exactly the same so I don't know exactly what's going on, I only know that WirelessAnything makes Mocha crach while Wireless doesn't.
Hi @danell, I'm unable to reproduce the crash. Can you please explain the exact steps to reproduce the crash? What OS are you running on? What version of Mocha?
Also, make sure you're using the latest version of the fuse from Reactor, not this forum thread. I've tested with a trial of the latest version of Mocha Pro and it works flawlessly here so far.