manage clips versioning

miaz3
Fusioneer

manage clips versioning

Post by miaz3 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:36 pm

I would like to know if there is the possibility to manage the versioning of the clips?
In nuke studio, there is the possibility to choose the version (Version Up, Version down)

https://learn.foundry.com/nuke/content/ ... sions.html
nstd_ver_screen.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tags:

RBemendo
Fusioneer

Re: manage clips versioning

Post by RBemendo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:18 am

Only way I've found to do this so far is to be using Fusion Connect Clips, once the clip and folder structure is created, you can right-click the Connect clip and there's an option for versions.

bowserlm
Fusionista

Post by bowserlm » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:11 am

Is it possible to create the Fusion Connect clips after the comps have already been created?

We are in that situation right now -- Where we've got 55 different shots, and I'd like to be able to create a VFX conform in Resolve, but ideally I'd like to have the Saver of each comp talk to the clip in the timeline so that every new render will automatically feed itself into the timeline the way that it works if you are using Fusion Connect clips.

Is that possible?

RBemendo
Fusioneer

Post by RBemendo » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:02 pm

from what I've seen, not automatically.

When I had this happen, I had to create the fusion connect clip in resolve so it creates the folder and .lua script, and then copy and paste the existing Comp structure without the loader or saver, in to the new fusion connect clip. Time consuming for 55 shots.

Another way you could do this to create the fusion connect clips in Resolve, and use the existing .comp files you have and just change their saver location to the location the Fusion Connect clip creates. You wouldn't have access to the .comp file through the fusion connect clip in the timeline, but your existing comps would be updated into the resolve timeline when they are rendered.

Someone with some scripting know how might know how to do it as a script, but Fusion Connect so far looks like a one way street.