Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

WSL is 5 years old today!

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 30

WSL is 5 years old today!

Post by SecondMan »

Hello everyone!

It's a special day today. We Suck Less is 5 years old! :cheer:

5 years!

If this were a marriage, we'd call this a wood wedding anniversary. And since my last name means something along the lines of "of wood", it must be something special indeed.

Some of you may have noticed that I have not been quite as active on WSL over the last little bit. There are a couple of (very good!) reasons for that, and one of them is that I have been a little busy behind the scenes. I have two little presents for you to mark the occasion.

One is an update to a tool that is older than this forum, and the second is our own brand new implementation of something that works so well that lawmakers are proposing to ban it :D

That's right - especially you mobile users will love this - infinite scrolling has arrived on We Suck Less!

With this we are following in the footsteps of the mighty Blackmagic Design, to join them in a quest to reduce clicking while we interact with our applications :mrgreen:

Go ahead and try it! Scroll down in the Fusion topic list, or that long topic that you've always wanted to read, and see it in action. Hope you like it as much as I do :)

One thing I thought I should mention because I think this is REALLY cool. This is a custom and exclusive development for We Suck Less, and it marks the very first time that a development cost has been financed by you! That is, WSL supporters and Patreons.

Thank you very much! I've always said that your contributions really make a difference, and I hope this proves it.

And lastly, yes, you can turn it off .

Because much as we like change, we also still love you if you don't ;)

Happy birthday We Suck Less! May there be many more!

Kristof
Fusionista
Answers: 4

Re: WSL is 5 years old today!

Post by Kristof »

...In de wei staat een koe, hieperdepiep en al.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

Merci @Kristof ! :)

SirEdric
Fusionator
Answers: 12

Post by SirEdric »

Happy Birthday WSL! What an awesome place to be!

ShadowMaker SdR
Fusionista
Answers: 9

Post by ShadowMaker SdR »

Er is er één jarig hoera, hoera!

SirEdric
Fusionator
Answers: 12

Post by SirEdric »

Dat kun je wel zien, dat is hij

andromeda_girl
Fusionista

Post by andromeda_girl »

Grattis födelsedag
:cheers:
:buttrock:

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

Thank you, dank jullie wel, tack! :)

It's funny. I still have the feeling this is only getting started. I guess in many ways it is indeed...

These past 5 years have mostly been (for the community, if not for Fusion) about platforms. There's the forum, there's also Reactor, there's a whole new exciting and excited generation of users of there since the BMD takeover (hello, Pirates!), and for me this has given me a sense of laying a foundation for things to come.

Here's my not-entirely-unfounded prediction. The next 5 years on WSL are going to be about content and creativity. Yes, yes, Fusion 16 is an odd one. But it's transitional - and frankly, there's some really promising stuff in there, if you don't judge the book by its cover. We'll get over that one in a good way, and then we can concentrate on the fun stuff :)

Cheers!