Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Shadertoys  [SUBMITTED]

Moderator: SecondMan

JiiPii
Fusioneer
Answers: 1

Shadertoys  [SUBMITTED]

Post by JiiPii »

Hi,

we (nmbr73 & JiPi) would like to introduce you to our 50Toys Of Shaders atom package. For joint development we used a Github (https://github.com/nmbr73/Shadertoys) to finally create an atom with which the converted shadertoys (Shadertoy.com) can be used as fuses in Davinci / Fusion. Additional information is available there and each fuse has its own page, which can also be accessed directly from the fuse using a button.
The package includes a wide variety of shaders. There are 9 categories. We have tested all shaders in the four systems available to us (Windows Cuda, Windows OpenCl, Mac metal, Mac OpenCL)

We hope you have as much fun playing with it as we have while building and we look forward to your feedback.
com.JiPi.Shadertoys.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

intelligent machine
Fusionista
Answers: 9

Re: Shadertoys

Post by intelligent machine »

Very nice!

Is this one included?
https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MtGSzh#

JiiPii
Fusioneer

Post by JiiPii »

@intelligent machine

No not yet. A quick look did not reveal any job killers. I will put the cute shader on the ToDo.

PS:
The conversion was done quickly and runs in the fragment shader in fusion. Like all shaders that use a noise texture, it is difficult to really hit them because you don't have access to the original files, but it is already close. Now the fuse installation is still missing.

nmbr73

Post by nmbr73 »

intelligent machine wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:55 am Is this one included?
https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MtGSzh
There are hundreds of shaders on Shadertoy.com so here is little chance that a particular shader has been included. But thanks for asking & FYI: on Shaders/OVEVIEW.md you can check the thumbnails for a specific shader - or you might want to do a text search for the ID part of the URL on Shaders/README.md.

JiiPii
Fusioneer

Post by JiiPii »

@intelligent machine

I converted the shader and put it in a fuse. There is an interesting code problem in the shader. Here is the link to the github page : https://github.com/nmbr73/Shadertoys/bl ... rSphere.md

When you click on the large screenshot you get to the fuse.

intelligent machine
Fusionista

@JiiPii Really cool! Thanks!

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 31

Post by SecondMan »

This looks fantastic! What a fun submission!

Sorry for my delayed response and getting this in Reactor, I've been otherwise engaged, let's say, but I'll get to this as soon as possible.

Cheers!

nmbr73

Post by nmbr73 »

I was starting to get a little worried about what we were doing wrong ... so thanks @SecondMan for your reply.
And @JiiPii is already on his way to make it 100 toys of shaders :lol:

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 31

Post by SecondMan »

Finally got around to doing this!

@JiiPii since this is not your first submission, I did (almost) no checking whatsoever ;) please double check if all is well?

Have fun everyone, this is a pretty large load of Toys! :cheer:

Thanks!

JiiPii
Fusioneer

Post by JiiPii »

Thank you SecondMan
I checked the installation and found no error :)

I have made a little Teaser of our Project:

JPDoc
Fusionista

Post by JPDoc »

I've been following these lovely experiments for some time and admiring what JiiPii is managing to do with these fuse shaders, although I know nothing about how they work at all. So I've taken the plunge and installed the Shadertoy package in Reactor - fuStudio 17.2.2, running on a Dell M6800 precision laptop, 32gb, quadro M3100K, win 10 pro.

Unfortunately I find that every shader I try fails with the error "attempt to index global 'node' (a nil value)", and lists different line numbers depending on the fuse (see console error output copied below).

Again, I don't really know anything about fuses (but hope to find the time to learn!) so this is just for fun, but any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated. Probably something really obvious to you fuse whizzes I know - thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/MlyXWV.fuse:939: attempt to index global 'node' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/MlyXWV.fuse:939: in function <...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/MlyXWV.fuse:831>
FunWithMetaballs1 failed at time 5
...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/MlyXWV.fuse:939: attempt to index global 'node' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/MlyXWV.fuse:939: in function <...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/MlyXWV.fuse:831>
stack traceback:
...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/MtBfR3.fuse:634: attempt to index global 'node' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/MtBfR3.fuse:634: in function <...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/MtBfR3.fuse:537>
DisplacementShader1 failed at time 5
...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/MtBfR3.fuse:634: attempt to index global 'node' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/MtBfR3.fuse:634: in function <...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/MtBfR3.fuse:537>
DisplacementShader1 failed at time 5
...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/WdjBWc.fuse:791: attempt to index global 'node' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/WdjBWc.fuse:791: in function <...n/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Shadertoys_wsl/WdjBWc.fuse:693>
EnergyPlant1 failed at time 5

intelligent machine
Fusionista

Can you open up Fusion preferences > Global and Default Settings > GPU and send a screenshot of that window?

nmbr73

Post by nmbr73 »

It seems to occur before entering the shader kernel: https://github.com/nmbr73/Shadertoys/bl ... .fuse#L939 ... so we are still in the Lua code that should not have any platform specifics.

But as @intelligent machine already mentioned - it could help to know the GPU settings - they can cause odd things : JiPi does the tests on OpenCL+Cuda on Windows and I do them for OpenCL+Metal on a Mac ... and every combination comes with its own problems :-/ ...

Sorry @JPDoc for the inconvenience and thanks for the hint - I'll look into it as soon as I'm on my computer ....

Midgardsormr
Fusionator
Answers: 28

Post by Midgardsormr »

The call to DVIPComputeNode() might fail if the GPU is unsupported. Based on the error message, the problem will be in the assignment of the variable node on line 905 of that sample.

I seem to recall from another thread, JPDoc, that your graphic card is a relatively older model? I think when I looked it up it dated from as early as 2013.

nmbr73

Post by nmbr73 »

Thanks @Midgardsormr ... I looked it up and you are right - seems to be a NVIDIA Quadro K3100M from around 2013 - kind of a smaller GeForce GTX 780M version ... think for the next release I should check for DVIPComputeNode() returning a null pointer - to give at least some comprehensible error message.

@JPDoc Unfortunately, I think there is really little we can do in this case - you may want check if you can play with your GPU preferences (setting these i.e. to OpenCL) but idk if this works on that machine (pls. let me know if it does).

I created an issue 42 as a reminder for @JiiPii and me (42 muhahaha ... nice, isn't it :) )