any way to override frame numbering in loader?

Moderator: SecondMan

JPDoc
Fusioneer

any way to override frame numbering in loader?

Post by JPDoc » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:56 am

I've had quite a few irritating problems over the years with the loader nodes inability to load single frames if there's a number at all in the file name, usually with textures. On my current project I have a fbx/obj file of a cityscape that has roughly 500 textures, with numbers in the file names. They are named p1b1 to p1b500ish. Historically I've cludged my way around this by text editing the comp file but in this case there's rather a lot of them. When I import the fbx or obj the loaders see the textures as a file sequence and screw up. Does anyone have a way of overriding this frame sequence behaviour and allowing the loaders to load each texture as a discrete image?

Ta in advance.

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 4

Re: any way to override frame numbering in loader?

Post by SecondMan » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Ouch. That's pretty suck-y.

You can force a loader to do single frames by shift-dragging a file from your explorer window into the flow, but that's not going to help you much here.

Sounds like a good feature request for the FBX importer.

How are your loaders named after the import? Is there any way of scripting your way through this?

Chad
Fusionator

Re: any way to override frame numbering in loader?

Post by Chad » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:10 pm

My gut says the easiest thing is renaming the files and doing the same edit to the comp file. At least that would be easy to do and error proof. Just two search and replace operations and you're done.