[SV] I/O single frames without having frame numbers added

Moderator: Chad

JPDoc
Fusioneer

[SV] I/O single frames without having frame numbers added

Post by JPDoc » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:17 pm

And on a pretty trivial front, fix the savers and loaders so that you can have single frames without having frame numbers like "0000" added. Having to externally correct this all the time, particularly for textures, is just embarassing.

Chad
Fusionator

Re: I/O single frames without having frame numbers added

Post by Chad » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:45 pm

So from an GUI standpoint, should this be a checkbox in the Render Settings dialog that is only active if your frame range is a single frame?

What is the issue for LD's?

JPDoc
Fusioneer

Re: I/O single frames without having frame numbers added

Post by JPDoc » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:32 am

In terms of saving, just having the saved file name use regex frame expressions correctly would probably be good enough. So, if you wanted a single frame with no frame number appended you would save it as "singleframe.ext" (which would of course overwrite itself if you rendered a range) and if you wanted frames numbers with say 4 padded zeros you would save "singleframe.%04d.ext" or whatever. An awful lot of other applications work this way . . .

With fusion, of course, if you enter singleframe.ext you still get singleframe.framenumber.ext. And have to rename the file externally. Which is no show stopper but just a constant irritation.