Useful for anyone else? Fusion 16 Beta Trello Board

Moderator: SecondMan

mroche

Useful for anyone else? Fusion 16 Beta Trello Board

Post by mroche » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Hey all,

Not sure how useful you guys might find this, but I created a Trello board to help me track the bugs I find in F16 Beta. It’s completely public so anyone else can add to it if they want to, should you find it useful. Been thinking of posting this in the BMD forums, but not sure how much they’d like that. Though Rick Rivera told me the dev team does check the forums, so they’d want reports there.

https://trello.com/b/yuFPY5ts/fusion-16 ... ublic-beta

Cheers,
Mike

EDIT: I realized I left out the invite link so people could join the board:
https://trello.com/invite/b/yuFPY5ts/b7 ... ublic-beta
Last edited by mroche on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowMaker SdR
Fusionista

Re: Useful for anyone else? Fusion 16 Beta Trello Board

Post by ShadowMaker SdR » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:34 am

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure how many people will find it useful either. We already have the Bug Tracker on the forum here of course:

viewforum.php?f=19

It's pretty well suited for detailed bug reports. Maybe your board can be a (simplified) addition to this? Having the bugs on a card overview is convenient compared to the way the forum is set up, but it is more 'general' in my opinion. I do think it's a good thing to have public place where people can spot and check bugs, but at the same time you don't want there to be too many different places either, because it's easier to lose track of what has been reported.

A BMD organized Bug Report system would be best, but that doesn't seem to be the way the company is heading at the moment.

mroche

Re: Useful for anyone else? Fusion 16 Beta Trello Board

Post by mroche » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:00 am

I agree. I mainly set this up so that I could get a broader overall view of what issues are actually there, and whether they have been fixed. I had sent an email to BMD requesting they make public a list of known issues with the beta, similar to how Foundry handles releases. Knowing that they are aware of issues makes things a bit easier when reporting. RickR said he’d forward the message to the Fusion PM, but no guarantee of it happening.

The board helps to avoid having to scan the BMD forums and sift through normal threads for the beta bug reports, since they don’t have a tracker of their own like WSL. It’d be nice if this site had a sub-forum for F16 bug tracking that BMD recognized as official.

I definitely don’t want to cause any fragmentation. This is just for organization, not where actual BR’s should go. Just copying summarized BR’s and seeing what happens to them.

Cheers,
Mike