Moderator: SecondMan

ShadowMaker SdR
Fusionista
Answers: 2

Flexible UI workaround for Fu 16

Post by ShadowMaker SdR » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:55 am

Hi, I noticed this post on the BMD forum:

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/view ... 50#p499609

Apparently one of the customizable things that hasn't been shut off is the floating flow windows, that can still be adapted with for example an area where you can switch from flow to spline to timeline editor at the click of a button. I haven't checked out how stable it is, but it might be worth it to check out.

Movalex
Fusioneer

Re: Flexible UI workaround for Fu 16

Post by Movalex » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:30 am

It does not work well for me, since there's no way to save and restore layout...
This layout resets with each new opened composition, and is has to be manually restored.
Console view in a full screen not looking good too. But overall seems stable.
And looks like the layout is saved within comp metadata... And we have Timeline tab again! :) Image
Thanks for this finding! I would never, in a thousand years, found this Right-click within the Flow view and View Layout -> Fullscreen Frame hack. Probably after all we are not too far away from truly flexible UI.
However, this is not something new, it is a full scale Fusion9 feature known by a few.

UPD: ok, restored layout does not show correct ui tab: the flow tab shows spline UI on launch. And you have to click a coupe of times on tabs to get proper Ui...

And you can easily crash this bugger:
1. Window -- New Image view
2. Since Image view also has a top menu, you can rightclick and choose Add View -- Flow
3. But you better shouldn't, because it is instant crash
4. This is not reproducible in Fu9

ShadowMaker SdR
Fusionista
Answers: 2

Post by ShadowMaker SdR » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:48 am

Ah well. If something sounds too good to be true...
It probably is possible to always start this way by going into the general preferences --> layout section and then grab all the current layouts. This should recreate what you were doing at start-up.

mroche

Post by mroche » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:23 pm

It's possible to do this if you choose to create a floating window instead of an image viewer. You can add the flow and image view without crashing, and still get the tabs.

Cheers,
Mike

Movalex
Fusioneer

Post by Movalex » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:49 pm

if you choose to create a floating window

Yes, that was what I did in the first place.
But suddenly I realized that Image View also has an option to Add View, which is obviously a Fu16 bug (it wasn't possible in Fu9, so no crash there)

AbdelrahmanMSaid

Post by AbdelrahmanMSaid » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:27 am

You can also save whatever setup you use as the default layout from the Layout section in the General preferences for Fusion. You won't be able to switch back and forth between different layouts like it was in Fu9, but you can at least have your main setup saved.