[Fuse][Patreon] Suck Less Write On - a Modifier Fuse

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 7

[Fuse][Patreon] Suck Less Write On - a Modifier Fuse

Post by SecondMan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:05 am

Hello hello hello,

This December, WSL is on Patreon for one whole year! And I wanted to mark the occasion with something to say thanks with, so I created a new Text Modifier Fuse called Suck Less Write On, of which you may have seen a tiny little early prototype on the forum recently.

This took me a lot longer to write than I initially thought, but it was fun and I have learned a great deal. About Lua, about how you can really code yourself into a corner, about the importance of debugging, about different ways to tackle certain problems which may lead to new features down the line (or another rewrite)... But it's here, it works, it made it on time, and it has become a pretty neat tool, too:

It does lines, words and characters separately, forward and backward, you can mute and solo each one. It does order-of-operations, and a few other nifty things that you should really discover for yourself. If you're into titles, motion graphics, subtitles, lower thirds, text in general or karaoke, SLWO is a must-have in your tool belt.

It also has a very handy "Relative" mode, which may come in really handy when you're building templates:

This is an exclusive Fuse for all you Patrons out there. However, because I also want this to stay in the spirit what I set out to do with WSL, I am going to combine this with a little social experiment... :)

This is what I am going to do: Suck Less Write On is available for download immediately for all Patrons of the Suck Less High Five tier and higher. But - and I have given this some thought:

When the number of Patrons (as indicated on the WSL Patreon page) hits 50, I will release Suck Less Write On on Reactor.

So how keen are you to get your hands on SLWO, support WSL, or help out your fellow Fusion friends? Here are a couple of obvious options to choose from:

• You can choose to become a Patron for 6 dollars or more, and have SLWO immediately (hurray!), while also supporting WSL (double hurray!) AND increasing other people's chances of getting it later (triple whammy hurray!).
  • You can choose to become a Patron for as low as 1 dollar and keep your fingers crossed that enough of your fellow Fusioneers do the same, preferably before 6 months have passed and you've scored yourself a bargain. Or have you?
  • Or, you can also simply choose to sit back and wait and follow the freeloader model. Perhaps others are generous enough to sort it all out for you, or you can join the bandwagon for a buck when the number of Patrons is at 49, whenever that is (I'm not judging, but meh).
Who can guess what the result of this will be? Not me, but that's why I call it an experiment :geek:

If I may make a suggestion though, it has never been a better time to become a Patron. There is something around the corner that could really supercharge what WSL is going to be about in the next year, and Patrons will be the first to have a go with it.

With all that said and shrouded in further mystery, thank you and good night!

Pieter

Tags:

SirEdric
Fusionator
Answers: 4

Re: [Fuse][Patreon] Suck Less Write On - a Modifier Fuse

Post by SirEdric » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:33 am

Hey Pieter.
Wow! What a great Modifier Fuse! Awesome!
I'm soooo happy to be Patron enough to get my greedy hands on this.
Great job! Thanks!

Eric.

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 7

Post by SecondMan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:52 am

Thanks Eric! And thank you for your support! :)

PS. That's your 2^11th post you have made there - congrats!

LUT

Post by LUT » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:36 am

:cheer: That's good news! Thank you for all the great work! :cheer:

SirEdric
Fusionator
Answers: 4

Post by SirEdric » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:07 am

SecondMan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:52 am
That's your 2^11th post you have made there - congrats!
Yea....I sensed that there was something magical about it.
Now I know what it was...:-)

Millolab
Fusioneer

Post by Millolab » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:01 am

Thanks @SecondMan !
great tool!

sepu66

Post by sepu66 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:46 pm

Very cool! Thanks

Tory