Welcome to WSL!

Make yourself at home, but before posting, please may I ask you to read the following topics.

Posting 101
Server space, screenshots, and you

Thank you!

PS. please pretty please:

Reactor fails to start on W10/DR 16.1.2

Moderator: SecondMan

rudiklein

Re: Reactor fails to start on W10/DR 16.1.2

Post by rudiklein » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:37 am

OK, fund the fuscript, added it to Zonealarm. Same result.

So, now the gloves are off.

I will remove Zonealarm, HitmanPro.Alert and Malwarebytes completely from my system (I'll ask the Russian and Chinese hackers to stay low for a while).
I did run the test when these products were not started, but removing them might be the better option. Sometimes these products influence the system, without running. Zonealarm is known for that.

rudiklein

Post by rudiklein » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:56 am

Well,

It's not ZA, MB or Hitman. Deinstalled them, rebooted the system, did a Reactor install from the console. Same thing.
I don't have access to alternate Windows PC's to test it out.

I'll try to do some Wiresharking and detailed process monitoring to see what actually happens when I click "Open Reactor..."

In the meantime I've looked at some variables used in the installer script. I don't speak LUA, but I've managed to output some of the interesting variables during script execution to make sure that they are correct, like pointing at the right file. Looks ok to me.

sys=
C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Fusion\Reactor\System\

app=
FusionUI (0x000001E40B59D190) [App: 'Fusion' on 127.0.0.1, UUID: 42f816a6-73f0-42ad-9c1b-4d5ec75602ca]

fuDestFile=
C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Fusion\Reactor\System\Reactor.lua

PathMap=
nil

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 28

Post by SecondMan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:49 pm

Honestly I wouldn't bother diving any deeper into Reactor for this - you can't launch external scripts at all. The Reactor problem is a red herring. You have a system configuration issue.

Shame you don't have another system to test, but if you are concerned about security while testing, you could take your system offline, then turn off all your security measures, anything that can interfere like firewalls, antivirus, any kind of blockers at all, even the ones that come with Windows, and test with a script that doesn't rely on an internet connection, like Batch Change Parameters for example.

When that works, turn everything on one by one, and when it stops working, there is your issue.

rudiklein

Post by rudiklein » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:42 am

I hear what you say, but of all the software that is running on my system (and that is a lot), only this piece of software doesn't run.
I have de-installed a lot of software to figure this one out, but to no avail. Running a clean system won't solve it for me anyway, because I need the stuff that's running now.

So, for now I give up on Reactor running properly on my system. I can stil use it, it is just the menu that's not functioning.
I just paste reactor.lua into the console and it runs fine, I select the Atoms/macros I want and they show up in tools/macros, and actually work.

If I ever find a solution, I'll let you guys know.

Thanks for all the support!

Bye,

Rudi

derushie

Re: Reactor won't open on Fusion 16.2

Post by derushie » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:37 am

I'm running into a problem with Reactor 3, Resolve Studio 16.2 and Windows 10. Similar problems to what I'm reading here.

I run the installer through console, but at the end of installation, step 7 of 8, it says opening Reactor but nothing happens. Doesn't show up in the scripts menu. If I navigate to the Reactor.lua file, and copy and paste this into the console, Reactor starts up like normal. I can install macros like normal. After a restart, Reactor shows up in the Workspace>Scripts menu, but nothing happens when I select anything in the menu (Open Reactor, Tools, etc.). Also, I downloaded a script from Reactor (macro2group), but nothing happens when I run it inside Fusion.

I only installed Reactor recently, so I can't confirm this is a recent version problem. Am I missing something obvious?

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:17 am

Similar problem, same answers: could you please try setting up the debug variables as above, and post what you see in the console and log file?

Are you able to run Reactor in Fusion version 16.1?
derushie wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:37 am
Also, I downloaded a script from Reactor (macro2group), but nothing happens when I run it inside Fusion.
Are you running it with a macro selected? Any messages in the console there?

derushie

Post by derushie » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:23 pm

I'm pretty much getting no feedback at all from Reactor inside of Resolve. It's not writing to the console or log file. The only way I can launch it is by manually copy and pasting the Reactor.lua file into the console. I tried installing another script (Toolbar16) and it shows up in the Workspace>Scripts menu, but again nothing, so I'm guessing that scripting is just generally broken for me. Haven't tried 16.1 yet- I'll give that a go tomorrow.

Movalex
Sir Requestalot
Answers: 4

Post by Movalex » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:57 pm

@derushie please check this Toolbar16 version. It has some necessary setup steps that are asked on first launch in this verison:

Toolbar16.zip
(32.64 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
upd: also this update now available in Reactor
Last edited by Movalex on Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:17 am

derushie wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:23 pm
I'm guessing that scripting is just generally broken for me.
Yes, it did seem a different issue than the one on Mac, so I moved your posts into this-other-topic-that-is-similar-to-the-Mac-one-but-it's-Windows-where-scripting-doesn't-work-at-all. Perhaps if you could read through what has been discussed here and see if any of that rings a bell?

camafin

Post by camafin » Thu May 21, 2020 10:25 am

Hi.

I face the same issue as rudiklein. Installation does not work on DR Studio 16.2.2 nor did on 16.2.1 either. For testing purposes I tried to install Reactor on Fusion 9 and it worked well. DR is running on a Windoes PC, Ryzen 9 3950x, 64 GB RAM, RTX 2060 super.

Any helpful recommendations appreciated.

Regards,

Camafin

rudiklein

Post by rudiklein » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:07 am

Hi guys,

just to let you know. I started my PC from scratch: W10 2020, latest version DR. Reactor runs without a problem!