In light of the Coronavirus crisis, please help make sure nothing stands in the way of social distancing in the VFX industry.

This petition asks the MPAA to act accordingly:

Sign the petition on Change.org

Be safe, everyone.

Introducing WSL Ideas...

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 15

Introducing WSL Ideas...

Post by SecondMan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:15 pm

Remember that little blurb I wrote a while ago about the next 5 years being about content?

This is part of that...

We have our community, we have our platform, now let's have a good long collective think about what we are going to do with it...

What is WSL Ideas?

WSL Ideas is a brand new section on We Suck Less. Not only that, it's the forum with ID 42, so it also stands a fair chance of being the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything :)

What are WSL Ideas?

WSL Ideas are outlines, or blueprints, for something that can be created by the WSL community, for the WSL community. They can describe tools, scripts, tutorials, art... They can be about Fusion, which is probably the most obvious, but they could also dream up a vision for the community itself. Or they could be something else that I haven't even thought of. Ideas are powerful things. Who knows where they will lead...?

There are 5 different categories of Ideas:

WSL Ideas is entirely for you, the community, to use and abuse, but there are nonetheless a few simple rules about ideas:

1. Strictly one Idea per, err, Idea. If you have a dozen ideas, great! Create a dozen separate ones, that's totally fine. Ideas that contain more than one proposal will be marked as Invalid I'm afraid.
2. Ideas are not requests to explain how something is done in Fusion, that's what the Fusion Studio forums are for.
  • 2a. Ideas are not feature requests for Fusion. That's what the Wish List is for.
  • 2b. Pointing out that something in Fusion needs fixing is not an Idea, that's a Bug Report.
I've created a little idea walktrough to get you started here: idea/1

Enjoy! :cheer:

Shem Namo
Fusionista

Re: Introducing WSL Ideas...

Post by Shem Namo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:33 am

Following!

Millolab
Fusionista

Re: Introducing WSL Ideas...

Post by Millolab » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:42 am

@SecondMan I followed your walktrhough!
what a rollercoaster! From implemented to brutal failure! :D
Jokes aside, thanks! This looks awesome!

Cheers!! :cheer: