Welcome to WSL!

Make yourself at home, but before posting, please may I ask you to read the following topics.

Posting 101
Server space, screenshots, and you

Thank you!

PS. please pretty please:

Intel(R) Open Image Denoise (Oidn) Plugin  [SUBMITTED]

Moderator: SecondMan

TerryPXM

Re: Intel(R) Open Image Denoise (Oidn) Plugin

Post by TerryPXM » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:57 am

Guys this really is an amazing addition to the tool-set, I gave it a quick test with only the Beauty and then another one with the extra passes added for extra accuracy and I can tell you it does a much better job with those! also the HDR mode works perfectly for render with extra bright pixels.

Here are some samples from some light passes I'm working with:

Raw

De-noised

Raw

De-noised

Raw

De-noised

Raw

De-noised

@danell did an amazing job here, congratulations to him, hurray!

danell
Fusioneer

Re: Intel(R) Open Image Denoise (Oidn) Plugin  [SUBMITTED]

Post by danell » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:59 am

@TerryPXM Just wow on the results! That it can even find the information in there amazes me :shock: Really fun to see it being used with such extreme noise :)

@ShadowMaker SdR as @Kristof said, the RT filter is trained on Monte Carlo ray tracing noise so it won't work on normal film nosie. You can train your own filter for oidn to use but if you compare oidn speed (1.8fps) with say NeatVideo (19fps) I would go with neatvideo any day.

@SecondMan New update up! Fixed a memory leek (thanks @TerryPXM for reaching out about this as I never got the error myself). Also better error messaging in the console when something goes wrong!

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 27

Post by SecondMan » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:13 pm

And submitted! Thank you for the update :cheer:

!
Updating Plugins with Reactor on Windows

While Fusion is running, plugin files are write protected by the OS. Please follow these steps if you are updating plugins through Reactor:

Select the Reactor > Advanced > Show Reactor Folder menu item. An Explorer folder browsing window will appear.

Quit Fusion so the plugin file is not write locked.

Navigate to the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\Fusion\Reactor\Deploy\Plugins\ folder (or custom installl location if that applies to you) using the Explorer folder browsing window and manually throw out the plugin file you wish to update.

Fusion can be restarted and the new plugin version can be installed using Reactor.

Diorn

Post by Diorn » Sat May 16, 2020 7:40 am

oh god, yes please +1 for Linux!
theotheo wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:29 am
This is amazing. I've been using OIDN for a while now and its a life saver.

PS. Linux build pls?