Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Class Browser

Moderator: SecondMan

roger

Class Browser

Post by roger »

The Class Browser should finally be ready for Reactor now.

The Class Browser allows you to browse all Fusion (and Resolve) classes it can find, including all properties and methods. It does this by looking at three things:
  • Fusion's built-in script documentation, GetHelp()
  • The global _G table
  • The binary files (yes, it's a simple and probably unreliable hack)
The binary files method came about when I started making a Fuse and soon became frustrated that there were some crucial pieces missing from VFXPedia. Without access to the official documentation it's really tricky. But I could see there was more stuff in the binaries just by looking at them.

Since classes found in the binaries don't come with a class hierarchy, not all classes will be placed correctly. In case I can't match a discovered class with a documented class I simply place it in the root.

To make a distinction between documented information and information discovered in the binary files I call the different sections "Properties", "Methods", "Discovered Properties" and "Discovered Methods".

com.RogerMagnusson.ClassBrowser.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

danell
Fusioneer

Re: Class Browser

Post by danell »

:cheers:
A must when developing fuses!

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 11

Class Browser [SUBMITTED]

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Since I don't hit the Reactor GitLab submit button as frequently as @SecondMan does, I'll simply use his regular response below:

Submitted! Thank you kindly! :cheer: