[Fuse] Suck Less Audio File Modifier

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 3

Re: [Fuse] Suck Less Audio File Modifier

Post by SecondMan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Suck Less Audio 2.5 is released!

SuckLessAudio2.5.png

Version 2.5 brings many exciting new features like dual sample slots for Point parameters. Now You can have two separate sample files for the X and Y axis.
Individual X/Y channel operations allow for much greater flexibility to design natural motion paths derived from audio samples.

Suck Less Audio can now also modify existing animated parameters! This means you can add the values that are derived from the sample file to a parameter that's already animated or modified. That way you can add a little natural jitter to motion paths, or go totally bonkers altogether :)

You can insert Suck Less Audio after any other modifier.

What's more, you can switch between the different modes, too. Hover over the buttons to find out what they do.

SuckLessAudio2.5Tooltips.png

Suck Less Audio 2.5 is available through Reactor right now :cheer:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tags:

kuyahay1

Post by kuyahay1 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:54 am

Thanks

Added in 46 minutes 22 seconds:
Is it work in fusion9 windows 7 system 😢

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 am

I know it works with Fusion 9. I don't see why it wouldn't work on Win7...

The most common fail is when you are trying to load a .wav file that is not WAV (Microsoft) signed 16-bit PCM. The console should let you know accordingly.

clabella608

Post by clabella608 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Hey I have Reactor installed and running fine. The first couple times I used SLA I got the results I expected, but recently I can’t seem to get the audio to line up correctly.

I am automating the smooth strength on the zoom blur effect in fusion and want the effect to line up with the kicks of the song I’m syncing it to. Using the whole song was a little too much information so I decided to bounce out just the kicks and use them as the trigger. The audio file lines up with the actual song, but when I put it in SLA for some reason there is a bunch of motion before there are any kicks and it all seems sporadic and out of line with the actual song.

Am I doing something wrong?

mrabisch

Post by mrabisch » Sat May 04, 2019 11:16 am

Thank you sooo much for this Fuse File!!!

mrabisch

Post by mrabisch » Sat May 04, 2019 12:53 pm

Oh it didn't work in Fusion in Resolve 16 for me. I converted in PCM 16bit with Adobe Premiere but it didn't worked. Do you know a tool wich I can use for conversion?

SirEdric
Fusionator
Answers: 2

Post by SirEdric » Sat May 04, 2019 1:59 pm

mrabisch wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:53 pm

Do you know a tool wich I can use for conversion?

ffmpeg converts pretty much everything to anything...:-)
(And opposed to Premiere it's free)

Added in 28 seconds:
(and much faster)

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Wed May 08, 2019 4:22 pm

clabella608 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:23 pm

I am automating the smooth strength on the zoom blur effect in fusion

What is the zoom blur effect in Fusion :?:

clabella608 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Am I doing something wrong?

Possibly :)

Can you share a setup?

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Wed May 08, 2019 4:25 pm

mrabisch wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:53 pm

Do you know a tool wich I can use for conversion?

Good old Audacity will do the job beautifully.

SirEdric
Fusionator
Answers: 2

Post by SirEdric » Wed May 08, 2019 9:14 pm

SecondMan wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:24 pm

What is the zoom blur effect in Fusion :?:

Maybe the Zoom type of the DirectionalBlur....?

areyoudizzzy

Post by areyoudizzzy » Mon May 27, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi guys, thanks for making these fuses and the whole Reactor setup! I'm only just getting my toes wet but it all seems fantastic!

I'm having some trouble with the Audio modifier in Resolve 16b3. I can get it working on a fusion composition tied to a video clip, so I can assume I'm taking the right steps (audio in correct format, etc.) but I'm trying to work it on the new "Adjustment Clips" and it doesn't seem to work. Using other modifiers, such as the Extended Wave modifier does work on Adjustment Clips but this one doesn't want to play ball. The panel for the modifier input values shows up and the parameter for Amplitude Offset works fine, it just won't react to the audio file.

An example of what I'm trying to do is set up a zooming effect on an adjustment layer over a few clips that reacts to the music. To do this I'm adding a transform node on the Adjustment Layer in the Fusion page and adjusting the "Size" parameter with the Audio modifier.

Any tips for getting this to work?

Many thanks!

EDIT: I'm running Suck Less Audio 2.50 in Resolve 16b3 on macOS 10.14.5

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:50 pm

@areyoudizzzy

There's a version 2.6 on Reactor now that may have improved compatibility with Resolve. Try that and see if it works any better?

areyoudizzzy

Post by areyoudizzzy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:07 am

Thanks for getting back to me! I realise this is a very new feature of Resolve and that this project operates on donations so thanks for getting to it so quickly!

I've done another test and it seems to be working perfectly in all places apart from adjustment clips I'm affraid! Tested with 16b3 and 16b4.

Any suggestions?

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:22 pm

areyoudizzzy wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:07 am
this project operates on donations
Maybe one day... ;)
areyoudizzzy wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:07 am
it seems to be working perfectly in all places apart from adjustment clips I'm affraid
So I've looked into Resolve's Adjustment Layers a little bit, and basically what they seem to be - when using Fusion Compositions for them - is a type of comp, where when they are created, they take the render range from the global timeline, and then that range gets "fixed" in the comp. So even when you move the Adjustment Layer around, the render range stays the same.

From a user standpoint, Adjustment Layers are a bit like comp templates for which all the parameters and animations etc are "baked" to the original range of the layer. So if you make an animation inside one, that animation curve moves around with the Adjustment Layer and the global timeline moves "underneath it".

It's a pretty neat feature, it seems very useful. But I can also see how it can get a little messy and confusing when setting them up and moving them around, editing and copying them (I suppose copying them is possible - I haven't tried). From looking at it I wish they would have given this some more thought and come up with a workflow that uncouples Fusion's range from Resolve's edit timeline entirely. So you don't have to deal with potentially really weird keyframe numbers. Like by default I'd like to set at the very least a common start frame for Adjustment Layers, be it frame 0, 1 or 1001 (in VFX everyone is so used to start counting from 1001...).

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this all that clearly, and perhaps some of that is possible already, but never mind all that :)

For Suck Less Audio this simply means that when setting it up for the first time and loading an audio sample, check the render start number on the left hand side under Fusion's timeline and in Suck Less Audio put that value in the Sample Start Frame (Time Offset) parameter. You might not be able to read the entire parameter name due to Resolve's UI being so modern.

Anyway, that should work - it looks like it did for me :)

areyoudizzzy

Post by areyoudizzzy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:53 am

Yes! It works!! This is going to be awesome! For a bit of detail and maybe some inspiration if you're wondering why I wanted this to work, I'm primarily a musician and want to make some fairly abstract visualizations for my music. I'm planning to break some of my songs down into their main parts (e.g. kick, snare, bass, keys, vocals, etc.) to use with this fuse and apply different effects and adjustments to some footage that all reacts to the musical elements.

So thanks so much for the detailed explanation!

One follow up question, why would the start frame in the fusion composition be 86400.0 when the adjustment clip is all the way to the left. at 01:00:00:00 on the edit page timeline?